Marijuana Recipes: Cannabis Candied Yams
Posted by Marijuana Doctors on 10/31/2010 in Recipes
Updated on December 28, 2018. Medical content reviewed by Dr. Joseph Rosado, MD, M.B.A, Chief Medical Officer
It’s November, which means it’s time to starting planning our Thanksgiving menus. We’ll be posting Thanksgiving-themed marijuana recipes all month long to help medical marijuana patients medicate while they celebrate the holiday. Below is a delicious recipe for candied yams with a cannabis twist. Yields about 8 servings.
- ¼ cup canabutter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 large (40-ounce) cans large yams or sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Mini marshmallows for topping
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- In a saucepan, melt pot butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar and pecans, simmering for a few minutes
- In a large bowl, mash yams with a potato masher until you reach desired consistency.
- Add sugar/pecan mixture, cinnamon and nutmeg, and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer yam mixture to a metal pie pan and cover with marshmallows.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 325 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven and place under the broiler until the marshmallows are lightly browned.
Note: Before you make this recipe or any other medical marijuana recipe, you must first ensure you are in compliance with your state laws. The first step in doing so is getting a medical marijuana recommendation from a qualified doctor. Not sure where to find a marijuana doctor? MarijuanaDoctors.com can help. We have the largest database of marijuana doctors in all legal states. Book an appointment today and get the medicine you need!