Marijuana Dispensaries in New York
In regions where marijuana is recognized for its medical properties, the people who truly need the herb for their conditions are given a state-issued cannabis card. This card permits the patient armed with a licensed physician’s recommendation to acquire, possess or grow marijuana for medicinal use. This is the only way for a patient to be protected under marijuana laws and exempt from criminal prosecution.
In 2014, the New York Assembly passed legislation covering patients and caregivers in all matters concerning medical marijuana. A patient must get written certification from a state certified Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), Doctor of Medicine (MD), certified Nurse Practitioner (NP), or a Physician’s Assistant (under direct supervision of a certified physician) before applying for the medical marijuana card. The law also requires the physician to indicate the dosage the patient requires, which also translates to how much cannabis the patient can legally possess at any time.
MarijuanaDoctors.com Connects You With Dispensaries
MarijuanaDoctors.com helps patients and physicians navigate this new area that is still unchartered territory to most people. We provide comprehensive assistance, including help for:
- Performing the necessary evaluations
- Getting a state-registered medical marijuana card
- Finding a medical marijuana doctor
- Locating a trustworthy New York marijuana dispensary
What Are the Patient’s Benefits?
Benefits of using MarijuanaDoctors.com as a patient include:
- Access to the Most Up-To-Date Information – Through MD, patients have access to an extensive database for all things cannabis. Our repository has information on the most recent medical marijuana research, NY state laws on cannabis and what it takes to qualify for a medical marijuana card.
- Strictly Vetted New York Dispensaries – For the safety of all patients, MarijuanaDoctors.com verifies that each provider is legitimate and trustworthy. This eliminates providers who are unlicensed or have bad reputations.
- Qualified Local Doctors – MarijuanaDoctors.com is a nationwide network of certified and licensed physicians. We employ a strict vetting process to provide patients with access to the best physicians who are trusted, compassionate, certified by the State of New York and highly qualified to assess medical marijuana needs.
What Are Benefits for New York Dispensaries?
For dispensaries using MarijuanaDoctors.com, they can:
- Grow Patient Base More Efficiently – Our portal aids doctors and dispensaries by putting them in touch only with the people who meet the state’s criteria for medical marijuana. This reduces the time medical professionals need to spend on the vetting and testing required to determine viable candidates for medicinal cannabis.
- Benefit From a Strong Online Presence – MarijuanaDoctors.com can help doctors and New York marijuana dispensaries gain a strong online presence by default. This is largely due to our own solid digital footprint, ensured by effective SEO-driven online marketing and advertising strategies.
What’s Required to Apply for a Medical Marijuana Card?
To apply for a medical marijuana card:
- Patients must be diagnosed with a qualifying condition
- The patients must also be under the care of a state-recognized medical practitioner
- Caregivers must be at least 21 years of age
- The caregiver also cannot serve more than five certified patients at a time
Locate a Qualified New York Marijuana Dispensary Near You
With new legislature passed in September 2017, it’s easier for patients to get access to medical cannabis. Not only are more dispensaries opening in the state of New York, but patients now have the ability to speak directly to an RO representative in dispensaries to discuss what medicinal cannabis product is right for them. It’s never been easier to find New York dispensaries. Browse through our directory and get connected!