Cooking With Cannabis: “Baked” Banana Bread Recipe
Posted by Marijuana Doctors on 06/01/2010 in Recipes
Updated on December 28, 2018. Medical content reviewed by Dr. Joseph Rosado, MD, M.B.A, Chief Medical Officer
Difficulty Level: Easy
Banana bread is an easy and delicious way to medicate with marijuana. As always, use caution when medicating with edible medical marijuana treatments since ingesting marijuana has significantly different effects smoking it. It may take 45 minutes to an hour to feel the full effects, so you might want to wait before eating a second slice of this Baked Banana Bread. And remember, in order to medicate with marijuana, you must comply with your state’s specific laws. Not sure how to get medical marijuana? Book an appointment with a qualified marijuana doctor at MarijaunaDoctors.com.
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup melted cannabis butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, mix mashed bananas and pot butter with a wooden spoon.
- Mix in the vanilla, sugar and egg.
- Stir in baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour and mix thoroughly. Mix in walnuts if desired.
- Pour mixture into a buttered loaf pan
- Bake for 1 hour
- For a stronger medication, add a dollop of pot butter or cannabis whipped cream to each serving.