Recipe for Pot Brownies from Scratch
Posted by Marijuana Doctors on 04/14/2010 in Recipes
Updated on December 28, 2018. Medical content reviewed by Dr. Richard Koffler, MD, Board Certified Physiatrist
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Pot brownies are a delicious way to use medical marijuana to alleviate symptoms from countless medical conditions, such as cancer, glaucoma, HIV/AIDS, multiple sclerosis and more. To make a batch of pot brownies, anyone can follow the directions on the back of a box of brownie mix and substitute pot butter for oil. But making pot brownies from scratch is just as easy and even more delicious. Next time you’re in the mood to medicate with a sweet treat, try this pot brownie mix from scratch.
- ¾ cup cannabis butter
- 8 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- Handful of crushed walnuts or chocolate chips(optional)
- Melt chocolate and cannabis butter in a small saucepan on low heat, stirring frequently.
- Mix together chocolate/butter mixture and sugar in a large bowl, using a rubber spatula.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Fold in flour and walnuts or chocolate chips (optional), mixing until smooth.
- Add brownie mixture into a greased 9×13 glass baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes and allow to cool before enjoying!
When medicating with edibles, it’s important to remember that ingesting marijuana has significantly different effects smoking it. When smoking cannabis, effects are usually felt within the first ten minutes, and may last from 30 minutes to 3 hours. But when eating your marijuana treatments, it may take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours to feel the effects, and the effects may last up to 8 hours. When medicating with edibles, start by eating a small amount and wait 45 minutes to an hour to feel the full effects before ingesting any more. In order to medicate with marijuana, you must comply with your state’s specific laws.