Medical Marijuana Doctors in Kahului, HI
Kahului, Hawaii residents who are suffering from chronic, life-threatening and debilitating conditions can take advantage of medical cannabis treatments. If you’re looking for a doctor in Kahului, there are a few things you should consider on your search.
Medical Marijuana Card Benefits
Along with being able to treat your medical condition, a medical marijuana card provides its holder with many benefits, including:
- The ability to grow your own plants. As a medical patient, you’ll be able to grow up to seven of your own cannabis plants, three of which can be mature at a given time — you’re also limited to one ounce per mature plant. This could save you money in the long run.
- Entry to dispensaries. If you prefer to buy professionally cultivated bud, your medical card also grants you entrance into one of Hawaii’s premier dispensaries. You’ll have tons of options to choose from, including a variety of flower strains and alternate ingestion methods.
- Complete legal protection. Perhaps the best perk of all is the fact that you won’t be able to be arrested or fined for having marijuana as a medical patient. You can be confident that local and state law enforcement officials won’t be able to confiscate your bud.
The Process and Qualifying Conditions
Of course, not just anyone can become a medical cannabis patient in Hawaii. You must go through a detailed application and qualification process that requires a doctor’s visit and filling out a few forms. Potential patients should walk through the following procedure:
- Visit a licensed doctor who’s registered with the state to determine if you have a qualifying condition. Currently, Hawaii recognizes the following conditions and symptoms as eligible for medical cannabis: Post-traumatic stress disorder, cachexia or wasting syndrome, cancer, glaucoma, HIV/AIDS, seizures, severe nausea, persistent muscle spasms, multiple sclerosis and Crohn’s disease.
- Obtain your medical records that describe your diagnosis from your physician.
- Have your doctor fill out the written certification form from the Narcotics Enforcement Division of the Department of Public Safety.
- Bring the documents mentioned above and your valid Hawaii ID or proof of residency to your evaluation appointment.
- Wait for your identification card to come in the mail from the NED.
Scheduling an Appointment
Use our search engine to find a registered, qualified physician in Kahului or the surrounding areas. One we recommend is Effective Change LLC on Maui. The practice has locations all throughout the state and is well-respected by many in the industry. Request an appointment through our site today.