Updated on December 20, 2017.
Medical content reviewed by Dr. Richard Koffler, MD, Board Certified Physiatrist
Marijuana Recommendation Appointment Checklist
To ensure a successful visit with your medical marijuana doctor, be sure to bring the following with you to your appointment:
1. Proof of Identification
Bring one of the following:
- Current and valid state Driver’s License
- Current and valid state ID card
- Current military issued ID card
- An out of state ID or other photo AND
- Proof of in-state residency such as utility bill, lease, bank statement, etc.
2. Appropriate Medical Documentation
Bring along any necessary medical documentation to support your diagnosis. This includes:
- Recent medical records
- List of current prescriptions (if any)
- Physician’s letter (optional)
- X-rays, MRI’s or other test results (if applicable)
3. Payment Method
- Check, credit card or money order for payment UNLESS you have paid in advance through our secure online payment system.
- If you are under age 18, you must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- You must not currently be on legal probation
- Proof of payment for your medical marijuana id card (select states only)