In order to receive full legal protections of the Nevada medical marijuana law, under NRS 453A, only a patient with a qualifying debilitating medical condition who has applied for the Medical Marijuana program and obtained a valid Nevada Medical Marijuana Program card, is protected from state-level criminal penalties on the use, possession and cultivation of marijuana.
The Nevada law established a confidential state-run patient registry, to issue identification cards to qualifying patients. Patients who refrain from joining the registry, or those who are found to possess a greater quantity of cannabis than is legally allowed by law, may argue the “affirmative defense of medical necessity”, if arrested. Legislators have included a preamble to the legislation stating that:
“The state of Nevada as a sovereign state has the duty to carry out the will of the people of this state and regulate the health, medical practices and well-being of those people in a manner that respects their personal decisions concerning the relief of suffering through the medical use of marijuana.”
In a separate provision, the Nevada School of Medicine, are required to “aggressively” seek federal permission to establish a state-run medical marijuana distribution program.
How MarijuanaDoctors.com Can Help
Our goal is to help people in need of medical marijuana get the medicine they need. To this end, we provide a number of services to our patients.
- Step-by-Step Guidance Through the Application Process — Nevada’s application process can be confusing and filled with lots of red tape. We demystify the process by taking you smoothly through each step to obtaining your Nevada marijuana card. We’re also here to answer any questions you may have along the way.
- Statewide Network of Reputable Physicians — Our directory will give you access to a large number of highly qualified doctors practicing throughout Nevada. These physicians are equipped to perform your initial medical marijuana evaluation and write the prescription required for your diagnosis. After that, the same physician can monitor your progress and provide expert advice to help you reap maximum benefit from your prescribed treatment.
- Competent Health Care at the Click of a Button — Patients can quickly book appointments with a few simple clicks of a button. Our commitment to convenience does not mean we compromise on quality, though. For this reason, our doctors are strictly vetted and certified to ensure they can deliver the high standard of competent, compassionate care you deserve.
- Wide Range of Useful Information — We’re strong proponents of health education as a vital element of high-quality healthcare. This is why we’ve made an abundance of information readily available to our patients and doctors. Our database is replete with everything you’ll ever need to know about medical marijuana, including the latest news, case studies, research and legal developments in Nevada.
- Free Appointment Booking Tool — Booking appointments is always free and easy for patients. You only pay the doctor at the time of your visit. Our physicians update their calendars regularly to ensure the information displayed regarding their availability is always accurate. This makes it easy for patients to conveniently book appointments with nearby doctors in a manner that suits their own schedules.
- Telehealth Portal — To avoid the hassle of visiting the doctor in person when you only need a consultation that can be conducted online, we offer a Telehealth portal to help make life a little easier. In compliance with Nevada’s Telemedicine laws, this portal enables you to have secure online sessions with your physician at your convenience.
Our goal is to make it easy for qualified patients to get a Nevada marijuana card and reap maximum benefits from treatment. You can start by browsing our Nevada directory to locate a medical marijuana doctor near you today.