2018 Cannabis Conferences
Posted by Marijuana Doctors on 01/01/2018 in Medical Marijuana
Updated on February 2, 2019.
Medical content reviewed by Dr. Joseph Rosado, MD, M.B.A, Chief Medical Officer
The last decade has seen a wave of changes in the world of medical marijuana. More governmental bodies are recognizing the benefits of medical cannabis and legalizing its use. Plus, research and technology in the cannabis industry constantly evolve, helping more patients every day.
So, it’s important for an informed patient or medical professional to keep up with the latest developments and ideas. Cannabis conferences, especially medicinal cannabis conferences, let you stay up to date. They also let you meet like-minded folks who want to use medical marijuana to make a change. Learn about some of the major cannabis conferences happening in 2018.
Canna East Compliance Summit
- January 17-19, 2018 — Orlando, FL
Regulations for cannabis medicine vary by state to state, and industry professionals are still in the middle of developing the right compliance and quality assurance measures. The Canna East Compliance Summit connects regulators, policymakers and cannabis industry professionals to work toward high-quality cannabis products. Although the event caters mainly to entrepreneurs, it still offers some events of interest to patients and doctors, such as:
- Presentation: “How Cannabis-Derived Medications Go Through the FDA Approval Process: Development and Regulation”
- Panel Discussion: “Food Safety Regulations of Cannabis-Infused Products”
- Presentation: “State of the Industry: The National Perspective”
- March 19-20, 2018 — Tel Aviv, Israel
The CannaTech conferences invite medical marijuana professionals from all over the world to network and learn about cannabis medicine. This year’s event will take place in Israel, a country that many folks consider as the heartland of medical marijuana research. CannaTech’s organizers originally planned to host an additional event in Sydney in 2018, but they postponed it to work longer on a high-quality experience.
Check out some of the topics discussed at last year’s event in the United Kingdom:
- Using medical cannabis to relieve Crohn’s disease symptoms
- How pediatric neurologists use cannabis medicine for their patients
- Case studies on cancer and medical marijuana from an Israeli clinic
- An overview of the endocannabinoid system
Reno Cannabis Convention
Also known as the Reno Expo, the Reno Cannabis Convention covers all aspects of our country’s emerging marijuana industry. While many conferences focus only on entrepreneurs and businesses, the Reno Cannabis Convention also explicitly aims to provide resources for patients and medical professionals. Folks who want to learn more about medical marijuana might take an interest in some of their guest speakers, such as:
- Heather Manus, RN: Founder of the Cannabis Nurses Association
- Uma Dhanabalan, MD, MPH, FAAFP: Famous medical marijuana educational specialist
- Nurse Juhlzie Monteiro, RN, BSK: Founder of the Nevada Cannabis Nurses Association
- Charlie Rutherford: Medical cannabis advocate and founder of Boveda, Inc.
2018 World Medical Cannabis Conference and Expo
- April 12-14, 2018 — Pittsburgh, PA
Organized by Compassionate Certification Centers, the Medical Cannabis Conference and Expo aims to connect professionals and patients from all over the world. With more than 3000 attendees participating in the 2017 event, the 2018 conference is bound to be lively. Activities and opportunities at the 2018 expo include:
- On-site medical marijuana patient certifications
- CLE, CPE CME and investor classes for folks of all skill levels
- High-profile guest speakers from all aspects of the industry
- Networking opportunities for businesses
- Vendors and exhibitors
- Networking events
- A cruise on the Gateway Clipper (optional — extra cost)
Indo Expo Denver
- January 28, 2018 — Denver, CO
- August 5, 2018 — Portland, OR
Indo Expo’s Denver event brings industry professionals together to network and learn about recent developments. But, it’s not just for entrepreneurs — they open their events to the public on Sunday. This event can help people who are interested in learning about products and growing methods for your medicine. Public visitors can take advantage of:
- More than 200 exhibits from marijuana professionals
- Hemp product showcase
- Cannabis career fair
- Classes, workshops and educational seminars
- Indoor and outdoor greenhouses
Their Portland event offers similar events and speakers, and they’re also open to the public on Sunday.
Southwest/Southeast Cannabis Conference and Expo
- March 14-15, 2018 — Austin, TX
- June 8-9, 2018 — Fort Lauderdale, FL
- October 5-6, 2018 — Phoenix, AZ
The first Southwest Cannabis Conference and Expo happened in 2014, expanding into three events nationwide over the next four years. These conferences specifically focus on the medicinal marijuana industry, making them ideal for folks interested in the medical aspects of cannabis.
Examples of talks and panels from the 2017 Southwest Cannabis Conference and Expo Texas include:
- “Why Physicians of All Specialties Should Support Cannabis”
- “Precise Oral Inhalation Dosing and Therapeutic Monitoring”
- “What You Aren’t Being Told About ‘The Opioid Epidemic’”
- “Benefits of CBD and MMJ for Cancer Patients”
- “Cannabis for Epilepsy and Cerebral Palsy”
The events’ floor exhibitors and speakers have all kinds of specialties, including:
- Legal resources
- Growing products
- Medical professionals
- Medical resources
- Advocates for healthy living
- Health educators
Get the Conference Experience at Home
Whether you’ve already bought tickets to go to one of these events or can’t swing the money, getting the latest medical marijuana updates and information can improve your experience as a doctor or patient. But what if we said you can get the medical marijuana conference experience from the comfort of your home at no cost?
Here at MarijuanaDoctors.com, we serve as an in-depth resource on everything related to medicinal cannabis. We can also lend a hand with finding the right medical practice or dispensary.
We can teach you about medical cannabis-related topics like:
Our blog also covers news and educational topics like:
If you need to connect with industry professionals, patients and research, use our resources to: