A Guide to 2017 Cannabis Conferences
Posted by Marijuana Doctors on 01/23/2017 in Medical Marijuana
Updated on January 30, 2019.
Medical content reviewed by Dr. Joseph Rosado, MD, M.B.A, Chief Medical Officer
Attending an industry conference is one of the best ways to understand the subject matter at hand. There’s only so much learning you can do by reading books, blogs, white papers or news articles. Expert speakers can give you new perspectives and keep you abreast of any notable industry changes that could affect you. You can also enjoy the benefits of meeting new people who have the same interests and issues as you. An industry conference could be a refreshing community.
Cannabis conferences showcase this phenomenon very well. As marijuana legalization gains momentum, industry stakeholders and advocacy groups are beginning to hold cannabis-related conferences. These conferences are primarily focused on business opportunities, sub-industries, regulatory updates, scientific findings and technology advancements. More than 30 marijuana conferences occurred throughout 2016.
Here is a list of the top currently scheduled marijuana conferences for 2017:
1. Indo Expo – Denver
January 28, 2017 in Denver, Colorado
The Indo Expos are aimed at fostering business-to-business connections and providing a platform for all industry stakeholders — including retailers, wholesalers, processors and producers. Some of the not-to-miss seminars in Denver include:
- “To Do or Die: Staying Relevant in the Maturing Cannabis Market”
- “The Future of Colorado Cannabis”
- “The Science of Plant Nutrition: Maximizing Your Garden’s Potential”
- “The Future of CBD: Medicine? Or Schedule I Narcotic?”
2. Seed to Sale Show 2017
January 31, 2017 in Denver, Colorado
The Seed to Sale Show is the perfect gathering for:
- Dispensary operators
- Infused product manufacturers
- Ancillary product providers
At this conference, you can expect to learn more about the latest technologies and scientific findings surrounding all stages of the entire life cycle of the marijuana plant, including growing, processing and selling it in the highly regulated marketplace. Interesting sessions at this year’s Seed to Sale show include:
- “The Science of Seed to Sale: How Genomics and Chemistry Can Bring Trust to the Cannabis Supply Chain”
- “From Novice to Aficionado: How Dispensaries Are Educating Our Customers”
- “Effectively & Responsibly Marketing Edibles: From Local Success to National Expansion”
- “Sustainable Cultivation – Efficient Energy and Water Use”
3. Emerald Conference
February 2, 2017 in San Diego, California
The Emerald Conference welcomes all cannabis industry stakeholders — from policy maker to dispensary operator — to discuss collaboration and partnership in in the science of cannabis realm. Interesting sessions this year include:
- “Opportunities and Risks in Regulated Cannabis Horticultural Science and Production”
- “Processing Cannabis Inflorescences for Medicinal Products”
- “Microbial Contamination: Methods of Attachment, Resistance and Removal”
- “Botanical Drugs and Dietary Supplements: Lessons Learned for Cannabis Products”
4. Marijuana Investor Summit
March 5, 2017 in San Diego, California
The Marijuana Investor Summit began three years ago as a place for industry stakeholders to network, collaborate and learn about the dynamic cannabis industry. The sessions announced so far include:
- “The State of the Cannabis Industry”
- “Life Under the Trump Administration”
- “Navigating the Cannabis Stock Market”
- “Investing in Canada” and “Investing in the United States”
March 25, 2017 in Victorville, California
ABRACADABS is a self-described festival spanning two days that unites the cannabis industry through music, art and marijuana concentrates. You don’t need a medical marijuana card to attend the festival, but you do need a recommendation if you wish to enter the medicating area. ABRACADABS places value on the cannabis community and experiencing the benefits of marijuana jointly.
6. O’Cannabiz Conference
April 21, 2017 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The O’Cannabiz Conference and Expo is for industry stakeholders who are trying to stay current amid rapidly changing regulatory rules and scientific findings. Sessions to watch for include:
- “Dissecting the Cannabis Plant”
- “Extraction Methods — The Truth About Cannabis Oil: Purity vs. Potency”
- “Prioritizing Patients During Legalization
- “Getting to Market: Above-Ground Distribution in a Post-Prohibition World”
While these conferences can serve as an excellent resource for information about cannabis, your best bet for information about medical marijuana is to visit MarijuanaDoctors.com to get in touch with a health professional trained to help you. The benefits of using MarijuanaDoctors.com include:
- Prequalifying for medical marijuana if you’re eligible to receive cannabis in your state.
- Getting full transparency through the medical marijuana experience by having access to rating, reviews and all the background information you need on providers.
- Enjoying the peace of mind that comes along with knowing you’re booking for legitimate, board-certified health providers that have passed our intensive vetting and approval process.
- Saving both time and money when booking through the free, online portal and being able to pay for your visit prior to coming in via a secure data transmission system. You can also schedule and change appointments whenever you wish.
- Enjoying an easy search for local physicians via the first national aggregator of medical cannabis providers and resources.
Don’t delay — MarijuanaDoctors.com is here to help. Schedule a consultation and get on your way to increasing your knowledge about medical cannabis and the benefits you can enjoy. As soon as you’re prequalified, you can schedule an appointment with a qualified physician easily and quickly with our fully functional online booking and calendar system.