Mississippi Medical Marijuana Qualifications
Who Qualifies for Medicinal Marijuana in Mississippi
In 2014, Mississippi legislators filed HB 1231, which permits the use of high-cannabidiol (CBD)/low-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) oil products for certain debilitating conditions. Under this regulation for limited cannabis use, the amount of CBD in the product may be 15%, but the THC must not exceed 0.5%.
Some of the highlights of the bill include:
- The CBD oil must be obtained through the recommendation or order of a state-licensed physician and administered under the supervision of the same physician.
- The CBD oil must be tested and obtained from the University of Mississippi’s Center for National Products Research.
- The parent or guardian of the patient who takes the CBD oil must sign an agreement that absolves the state and any division or person involved in the cultivation, processing and dispensing of the product from any liability.
What Conditions Qualify for the Use of Low-THC CBD Oil in Mississippi?
Currently, severe seizure disorders and debilitating epileptic conditions may be treated with CBD oil under the supervision of a licensed doctor. There are no age restrictions on the use of CBD oil for medical purposes as long as the custodian, parent or guardian has signed the relevant documents.
Find a Licensed Mississippi Marijuana Doctor to Treat You or Your Patient
We have developed a network of licensed doctors who can examine you or anyone under your care. Our doctors will provide the required certification you need to register for the use of medical CBD oil and obtain your Mississippi medical marijuana ID card.
To find a licensed doctor practicing in or near your community:
- Type your zip code into the doctor’s search box at the top of this page.
- A list of doctors practicing within your area will be displayed.
- Click on any of the doctors in the list to view their profiles and get more details about their operating hours and terms of service.
- Read reviews provided by other patients who have used the doctor’s service
- Book an appointment immediately using our quick appointment scheduling service.
Act now so you or your loved ones can benefit from the powerful effects of medical cannabis. Browse through our network of caring and compassionate medical marijuana doctors and dispensaries.