Cooking with Cannabis: Chicken “Pot” Pie Recipe
Posted by Marijuana Doctors on 08/05/2010 in Recipes
Updated on December 28, 2018. Medical content reviewed by Dr. Richard Koffler, MD, Board Certified Physiatrist
Difficulty level: Moderate
This recipe for chicken “pot” pie is the perfect way to medicate with marijuana when you’re in the mood for a hearty, comforting meal. Medical marijuana is used to treat the side effects from countless ailments, including cancer, glaucoma, HIV-AIDS and more. But before you medicate with marijuana, you must first ensure you are in compliance with your state laws. Are you in need of a marijuana card? MarijuanaDoctors.com has the largest database of qualified marijuana doctors in all legal states. Book an appointment today.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 3 diced red potatoes
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup ganja butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 (9 inch) deep dish unbaked pie crusts
- 1 egg, beaten (or use egg whites)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, potatoes, celery and bouillon cube. Add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain liquid and set aside.
- In a saucepan, cook onions in pot butter over medium heat until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, mixing well
- Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick.
- Remove from heat and mix together with chicken/veggie mixture to make the pie filling.
- Add filling to bottom piecrust. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make small slits in the top crust and brush with egg or egg whites.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool before serving. Makes about 8 servings.