Missouri Medical Marijuana Qualifications
[Note: on Nov 6, 2018 Missouri approved a medical marijuana program – as details evolve, we will be updating the information below. Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date]
Who Qualifies for Medicinal Marijuana in Missouri
Qualifying Conditions that are currently approved in the state of Missouri are:
Missouri’s Medical Marijuana Program
To Obtain Medical Marijuana in Missouri:
- Must be 18 years or older and a legal resident of Missouri. If you require a Primary Caregiver that person must be at least 21 years of age and must be designated on your application for a Medical Marijuana Identification Card.
- Must be evaluated in-person by a state-licensed physician (Not a Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s Assistant).
- Must be diagnosed with one or more of the Qualifying Condition(s) listed above and obtain a physician certification.
- Apply for a Medical Marijuana Identification Card from Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services. Application Fees are $25 (approved payment methods are to be determined). Applications for Identification Cards will start being accepted July 4, 2019.
- Once application is approved and you receive your Medical Marijuana I.D. Card and can purchase Medical Marijuana from a state licensed Dispensary. Applications will be approved or denied within 30 days.
- The application for Identification Cards for Patients is still being developed. Applications will begin being accepted July 4, 2019.
- Dispensaries will be able to submit an Application Form for a license to operate on August 3,2019, however you can submit the Application Fee of $6,000 with a $10,000 Annual fee beginning January 5, 2019.
For Patients Suffering From Epilepsy:
In 2014, the Missouri Legislature passed the House HB 2238, which gives residents the right to buy, possess and make use of “hemp extracts” in limited situations. This law specifies that this “hemp extract” is a cannabis preparation or mixture, which has a maximum of 0.3% THC and at least 5% CBD and does not contain any other type of psychoactive substance.
To ensure you or anyone you are providing care for receives their regular dose of medical CBD, we’ve condensed the basic Missouri medical marijuana qualifications and other requirements into an easy-to-understand format.
How to Meet the Medical Marijuana Qualifications in Missouri
To meet the qualifications for medical marijuana use in Missouri, you must:
- Be a Missouri resident. Anyone who wants to enjoy the use of hemp extracts must be a duly registered resident of the state. This means he or she must have been born in Missouri or living in the state for more than one year.
- Be at least 18 years old. The person who wants to partake in the hemp extract program must be 18 years or older. If someone who is younger than 18 years needs the medicine to treat a qualifying condition, he or she must be represented by a parent or legal guardian who is over 18 years old.
- Obtain certification from a registered neurologist. Under this law, a neurologist is a physician licensed under state regulations with a board certification for neurology. The neurologist should attach a medical record showing that you have a qualifying condition for the use of hemp extract.
- Suffer from Intractable Epilepsy. Only a person who suffers from intractable epilepsy, which is a debilitating condition, will be allowed to apply for the hemp extract ID card. The person should fill the registration form available on the Department of Health’s website. The neurologist’s record must be consistent with the information provided on the form.
- Be a parent or legal guardian of a minor in need of medical cannabis. The parent or legal guardian must be 18 years or older and be responsible for the care of a minor who has intractable epilepsy.
Connect With Licensed Marijuana Doctors in Missouri
You must obtain a written certification or diagnosis from a licensed neurologist in Missouri before you can use medical cannabis legally. The recommendation you receive from your physician must be attached to your form when you’re applying for your hemp extract registration or medical marijuana ID card.
Your physician will also need to provide a written recommendation that states the exact amount of CBD oil you should purchase at any of the approved medical marijuana dispensaries in the state. For this reason, MarijuanaDoctors.com has developed a network of licensed and reputable doctors to assist you. Gain instant access to any of our doctors now.
Benefits of Using MarijuanaDoctors.com
You’ll receive the following benefits when you use MarijuanaDoctors.com:
- Experience the speed and efficiency of our doctor’s search system. You can locate qualified physicians quickly by typing in your zip code into the search box at the top of this page. A verified list of physicians near you will be displayed. You can also click on a city to view all the doctors in our network within your city.
- Review the profile of each doctor. You may view all the profiles of doctors in your community before you visit them. This will save you time and resources. We’ve provided details about their normal business hours, terms of services, charges and the amount of time they will need to complete the normal process of examination, diagnosis and certification.
- Schedule an appointment instantly. After you’ve read all the profiles of the doctors near you, select a physician that suits your budget and meets your needs. Then, use our appointment booking system to request an appointment now. Simply click on the “Request an Appointment” button to get started.
If you meet the medical marijuana qualifications of Missouri or you want to, browse our directory to connect with a strictly-vetted doctor or dispensary today.
Updated on January 17, 2019