Updated on May 3, 2020.
Medical content reviewed by Dr. Joseph Rosado, MD, M.B.A, Chief Medical Officer
How to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in Massachusetts
- Patients should obtain legitimate medical records or documentation from their primary care physician describing the diagnosis — *Learn how to request your medical records
- Patients need a signed Physician’s Statement from a physician, currently licensed to practice medicine in Massachusetts — *Find a certified medical marijuana physician in Massachusetts
- Patients must be 18 years of age, and be a Massachusetts resident, with a valid proof of residency.
- To qualify, a patient needs to be diagnosed by a physician as having one of the following debilitating medical conditions that is specifically identified in the law: cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) / acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Crohn’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, and other conditions as determined in writing by a qualifying patient’s physician.
- Patients are required to register with the Massachusetts Department of Health and Human Services. Registration is mandatory.
- The patient registry application fee is $50.
- A qualifying patient may apply to the Department of Public Health of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, by submitting:
- Written certification from a physician.
- An application, including:
(a) Name, address unless homeless, and date of birth.
(b) Name, address and date of birth of the qualifying patient’s personal caregiver, if any.
Department of Public Health of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
One Ashburton Place
Boston, MA 02108
Website: Massachusetts Medical Marijuana Program
Key Benefits of Working With MarijuanaDoctors.com
Your Massachusetts Marijuana Card will give you access to medical marijuana anywhere in the state. This means you’ll have the ability to purchase and possess medical marijuana without being arrested by local law enforcement. Our directory can help speed up the process required to get your card, but that’s not all that we offer.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Regularly Updated Information — Our directory has a large amount of information that’s updated regularly to give you step-by-step help with applying for your Massachusetts Marijuana Card. We understand that the application process can be very demanding and that sometimes it’s hard to qualify if you don’t have adequate guidance.
- Centralized Database of Physicians — Our network of highly qualified and compassionate physicians ensures that we can connect you with the right doctor, regardless of your location within the state. These doctors are licensed and their practice is recognized by the state government. As a result, their written recommendations are accepted by the authorities as part of your Massachusetts Marijuana Card application.
- Quick Access to Doctors — Our portal allows patients to make appointments any time of the day by simply clicking a button. This means you don’t have to jump through a bunch of hoops before being able to see the doctor. Booking an appointment is completely free and convenient, as you can choose a time that fits comfortably into your schedule.
- Free Access to Our Symptom Tracker — Our Symptom Tracker is simply an application you and your doctor can use to monitor your health status, keeping you both fully aware of how you’re doing. The application reads your symptoms regularly and informs you when you need to take your medicine or call your doctor before things get worse. Using the Symptom Tracker will help you maintain your health and avoid medical emergencies that can be prevented when you act fast.
- Telemedicine Services — While most doctors’ appointments require your physical presence, our Telehealth portal enables you to attend a doctor’s appointment online whenever possible. This means you won’t always need to go to the doctor’s office. This portal was built to enable technology-based healthcare services that can be life-saving in situations where a physical visit to the doctor is impossible. Rules governing telemedicine in (insert state name) for prescribing medical marijuana are changing. Patients interested in getting a medical marijuana evaluation conducted in the privacy of their own home, or location of their choosing, can access it via a secure real-time, live-video connection here: https://www.marijuanadoctors.com/medical-marijuana-doctors/medical-marijuana-telemedicine-portal/
- HIPAA Compliance — Our practices are 100% HIPAA-compliant, as are the practices of the doctors listed in our directory. This means all the personal information you share will be well-protected. We value your privacy and security just as much as you do.
- Ongoing Education — Our database also has a lot of information on medical marijuana and how it works. In addition to helping you get access to medicine, we also provide you with a wealth of information to help you appreciate the benefits of your medical marijuana prescription and its effects on your current condition.
Getting your Massachusetts Marijuana Card does not have to be a hassle. We’re here to help as you search for the right medical marijuana treatment to improve your health. Search through our Massachusetts directory today for the guidance and support you need.