CBD for Wrinkles
Posted by Marijuana Doctors on 07/19/2018 in CBD Resources
Cannabis is legalized for medical purposes in states across the U.S. Its manifold properties make it a fantastic treatment for a vast number of different conditions. This plant not only addresses medical disorders, but it can also serve many different cosmetic products. Both oral treatments and marijuana-infused topicals, balms and oils are flooding the market and flying off the shelves. The most popular of these products contain cannabis’ non-psychoactive compound — cannabidiol (CBD).
Beauty connoisseurs covet CBD creams for their anti-aging properties — specifically, their ability to decrease the appearance of lines and wrinkles. When derived from the hemp plant, CBD is legal for anyone to purchase. However, if the CBD comes from a marijuana plant, you will need a medical marijuana card to buy it.
What Is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the cannabinoids found in marijuana and hemp. It has many beneficial medical properties, including its function as an effective treatment for pain. Cultivators can naturally extract CBD from both the hemp and marijuana plants. By itself, CBD is non-psychoactive and won’t get users high, which makes it a valid option for those who want to take advantage of marijuana’s medicinal benefits without having an altered mental state.
CBD is only legal for purchase from the public if it contains less than 0.3 percent THC, which is the psychoactive compound in marijuana. With that little amount of THC, it probably means the cannabinoid was derived from hemp. However, you can also purchase marijuana-derived CBD products if you live in a state where cannabis is legal for recreational use.
How Does CBD Treat Wrinkles?
When you take CBD orally or infuse it into topical treatments, it becomes an adequate remedy for many different dermal complaints — including wrinkles. The cannabinoids found in marijuana or hemp have the fantastic ability to work naturally with our body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS). CBD binds with ECS receptors throughout the body to produce many beneficial results.
As we get older, our skin shows signs of aging on both an intrinsic level and extrinsically. Intrinsic aging occurs naturally as our skin becomes less firm and loses its elasticity. It also produces less collagen, causing it to lose suppleness and begin to sag. Tiny oil glands that moisturize our skin also stop producing over time leading to dry skin, which shows signs of age more noticeably.
Extrinsic aging is the result of environmental factors like exposure to UV rays, smoking and pollution. Poor nutrition can also quicken the extrinsic aging process. These factors can cause the skin to lose its elasticity and reduce collagen levels, leading to more wrinkles, sun spots and other signs of aging. Surprisingly, 90 percent of the wrinkles on our skin come from extrinsic factors.
CBD topical treatments can help reduce both the intrinsic and extrinsic signs of aging by interacting with our body’s ECS. The cannabinoid works to produce beneficial effects on our skin by:
- Acting as a Powerful Antioxidant: Extrinsic aging is often caused by external sources generating free radicals that cause collagen to break down. As an effective antioxidant, CBD reduces these free-radicals and slows the aging process, allowing your skin to appear firm, healthy and youthful.
- Encouraging Oil Excretion: As oil glands dry up, fine lines and wrinkles become more apparent. Recent studies have shown that CBD stimulates these oil glands to continue to secrete much-needed oil helping to reduce dry skin. This also makes CBD an effective treatment for eczema and psoriasis.
- Fighting Inflammation: As an anti-inflammatory, CBD relaxes the skin, so wrinkles do not appear to be as noticeable.
The Best Products and Methods for Using CBD for Wrinkles
Although a variety of CBD products are on the market, not all of them are available to the general public. As mentioned earlier, only CBD products with less than 0.3 percent THC are legal for those who don’t live in recreational states. However, many states, like Colorado and California, allow recreational users to purchase CBD products in their dispensaries.
There are three primary methods for using CBD for wrinkles:
- Topical: This includes products like lotions, soaps, balms and even oils you can apply directly to the skin. Creams with a high dosage of CBD are best for producing the desired results. Be sure to use these products on target areas where you notice the appearance of wrinkles.
- Orally: You can even consume edible CBD products and place tinctures under your tongue to treat wrinkles. These products contain a potent dose of CBD, which is absorbed into your bloodstream giving your skin the desired effects.
- Hemp Products: There is evidence that consuming hemp products — like hemp meal, hemp oil or hemp seeds — can bring about some of the anti-aging properties discussed above. However, these products contain a much lower dosage of CBD.
Although you may be able to purchase CBD you can vaporize or smoke, this is not recommended for anti-wrinkle treatments. Smoke is one of the environmental factors that can cause harm to your skin, which may actually reverse your desired results. If youthful skin is your goal, stick to topicals, oral treatments or even hemp products.
Let MarijuanaDoctors.com Help You Find Anti-Aging CBD Products
If you’re interested in the amazing anti-aging properties in CBD products, check out some options available in our shop. You can also search our directory of local dispensaries, which have a plethora of products available in many different forms, both topical and oral.