7 Ways Dogs Can Benefit from CBD Treats
Posted by Marijuana Doctors on 01/16/2018 in CBD Resources
When it comes to sickness, we often look for the best natural ways to treat our pain. Holistic and alternative medicine are great ways to manage ailments without the use of prescribed medication and are also commonly available to us. But what about our pets? Many people within the alternative medicine community are aware of the use of the cannabis plant to treat common symptoms of sickness in humans, but our dogs often suffer the same ailments as their human counterparts. Fortunately, dogs can also benefit from the medicinal properties of cannabis; specifically, from CBD oil.
What Is CBD and CBD Oil?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is the non-psychoactive component of the cannabis plant that can be used to treat pain without the effects of THC, which is the psychoactive part of the plant that creates the “high.” CBD oil is extracted from cannabis and is used for medicinal purposes. A few examples of CBD oil treatments available include tinctures, ointments, e-liquids, and edibles.
How Does CBD Work with the Body?
Two cannabinoid receptors are found in the body. They are known as CB1 and CB2. Project CBD explains how CBD itself does not have high binding affinity to these receptors. Instead, CBD works indirectly with other receptors (i.e., serotonin, vanilloid, GPR55, and PPAR receptors) in the body to produce the relief from numerous stressors that can affect these receptors.
How Can CBD Treats Help My Dog?
Both the humans and dogs have an endocannabinoid system that reacts to both cannabinoids naturally found in mammals and cannabinoids found in cannabis; therefore, our dogs can benefits from the same healing properties of CBD oil as we do. CBD dog treats have become a new trend in alternative medicine within the pet owner community and can be used to treat seven different ailments affecting our four-legged friends:
Image provided by Simplewag.com
- Pain relief. CBD oil has pain-relieving properties that treat symptoms that commonly affect dogs suffering from cancer and other chronic illnesses.
- Anti-inflammation. Receptors in the body react with CBD to reduce inflammation and provide a boost to the immune system.
- Arthritis. CBD can be used to help to treat joint pain along with improving mobility.
- Anxiety. Stress can be reduced and help dogs suffering from everyday stressors.
- Loss of Appetite. Cannabidiol can increase appetite and also help other digestive issues.
- Seizures. CBD helps to reduce the frequency of seizures in dogs that are resulted from other illnesses.
- Aggressive Behavior. Aggression and other behavior disorders can be managed with the use of CBD.
Where Can I Find CBD Dog Treats?
Although CBD dog treats may not be readily available for purchase in your local pet store, there are many brands you can find online that specialize in CBD oil dog treats. There are also other forms of CBD oil for treating illnesses in dogs such as topical creams and sprays.
For those looking for a great way to help their dogs with their sicknesses, CBD oil is a terrific option to help manage symptoms of illness. There are many negative and inaccurate depictions of cannabis in medicine, however, it is noted that CBD oil is safe for consumption in both pets and humans. As more research is done on CBD oil and its effects, the evidence backing the health claims of CBD help to reassure consumers about its health benefits.
Updated on December 6, 2018