Updated on November 2, 2018.
Medical content reviewed by Dr. Joseph Rosado, MD, M.B.A, Chief Medical Officer
Recent Legislation Updates
On October 29, 2018, the Health Department started accepting applications for medical marijuana from patients and caregivers.
Medical Marijuana Cards in North Dakota
The North Dakota marijuana card is an essential tool for anyone who wants to enjoy access to medical marijuana within the Peace Garden State. Before the popular vote that established the Measure 5 law on medical marijuana, North Dakota was one of the states with the most restrictive policy on marijuana.
Now you can use a registry identification card to obtain a regular supply of medical marijuana to treat conditions that respond better to this powerful herb. Medical marijuana is effective for treating a wide range of debilitating conditions such as HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, Glaucoma, Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, Epilepsy, Crohn’s Disease and Chronic Pain.
At MarijuanaDoctors.com, we’re committed to helping you enjoy the full benefits of this medication by helping you find doctors to certify you as a patient who needs marijuana while helping you apply for and obtain a state marijuana ID card.
Benefits of Obtaining a North Dakota Marijuana Card
- Get effective treatment for your medical condition — With your marijuana card, enjoy continuous treatment for any of the ailments listed above and any other condition approved by the state Department of Health. Instead of struggling with conventional remedies and opiate painkillers that aren’t very effective, your card will allow you to enjoy potent strains of marijuana in the form of oils, tinctures, capsules and edibles.
- Obtain the supply of medical marijuana you need — After you’ve registered to use medical marijuana in North Dakota, you’ll be free to walk into any licensed dispensary and obtain your recommended dose of marijuana. You may even purchase more than the recommended dose as long as you don’t exceed the maximum amount specified for the compassionate medical marijuana initiative. Under this regulation, you’ll be permitted to keep three ounces of medical marijuana for two weeks.
- Take care of marijuana patients — The marijuana ID card allows you to serve as a caregiver for up to five patients. You can also help minors obtain their recommended dose of this medication. For patients over 18 years of age, you can be designated as a caregiver to help them purchase marijuana from a dispensary.
- Grow your own marijuana — In North Dakota, your card permits you to grow your marijuana if you can’t find a dispensary within 40 miles of your residence. Presently, the state law allows you to grow a maximum of eight plants within a locked facility that’s at least 1,000 feet from the nearest public school. This will allow you to obtain the best seedlings and grow high-quality marijuana. You’ll also enjoy the privilege of using the plant and its flowers to treat yourself in a more creative way.
- Legal protection — North Dakota has very strict laws that govern the possession, cultivation and sale of marijuana. Your card will enable you to sail through inspections by law enforcement agents without getting arrested. As long as you don’t violate the laws of the compassionate care initiative, you’ll be able to use your medical marijuana without any harassment or penalties.
Get Certified by One of Our Trusted Doctors in North Dakota
We offer our clients access to a network of tested and trusted marijuana doctors qualified to practice in North Dakota.
- Use our specially designed search system — We’ve designed our North Dakota marijuana doctors directory to speed up the process of finding qualified doctors that can conduct tests, check your medical records and provide a written certification for you. The search system is simple and easy to use.
- Find doctors close to you — When you arrive at our doctors search page, you can type in your zip code to locate doctors with practices close to your home. We’ve also listed the cities where we have doctors in North Dakota. You can click on the city where you reside or where you have someone that you’re planning to provide care for, and the doctors in that city will be displayed.
- Connect with a qualified marijuana doctor — After you locate doctors close your residence, you can spend time reading their profiles. Find their office hours, patient reviews, location information and service charges in each listing. You can also get a feel for how long it will take to process your certification.
- Get certified and complete your registration — Once you’ve received your doctor’s statement that shows you’re qualified for medical marijuana, you can proceed to submit your application to the registry at the Department of Health. We’ll show you how to proceed so you can get your application approved without any delay.
Enjoy the Benefits of Our Service for Patients and Caregivers
MarjuanaDoctors.com is a patient-focused organization designed to help get legal medical marijuana into the hands of those who need it most. Patients and caregivers enjoy a number of benefits.
- Current information on state regulations — We keep all the information on our website up-to-date. Through careful monitoring of the laws and regulations on medical marijuana in North Dakota, we provide you with all the details you need to avoid being arrested or prosecuted for misuse or possession of marijuana.
- List of recommended dispensaries — After you obtain your North Dakota marijuana card, we’ll give you a list of licensed distributors where you can purchase marijuana for yourself or those you’re taking care of. You’ll be able to get your recommended dose at a better price. Plus, you’ll have access to the most potent strains of cannabis.
- Efficient scheduling of appointments — To ensure you can easily request an appointment with one of our marijuana doctors, we’ve provided a simple process that will enable you to contact the doctor and set an appointment in less than 24 hours. Our doctors are committed to providing top-notch service and you’ll always meet them when you arrive at their office.
- Professional guidance for patients and caregivers — In addition to all the other marijuana-related services we provide, we also offer advice to all our patients and caregivers. We take you by the hand and guide you through each stage of the application process. We can also connect you with caregivers who will assist you in procuring your medical marijuana.
Take the Next Step
For additional information on our marijuana card registration service, contact us now. You can also use the navigation menu to browse through the rest of our website. Browse our directory to find the best marijuana doctors in North Dakota.