Louisiana Qualifying Conditions
Louisiana Medical Marijuana Program: Information
To become a patient in Louisiana, you must follow these steps and meet certain requirements, as well:
- Louisiana does not have medicinal cannabis reciprocity. In other words, marijuana-certified doctors in Louisiana can only provide recommendations to state residents. Make sure you have your state ID with you when you get an evaluation or visit a dispensary.
- Patients should also transfer any relevant medical records to the recommending doctor. Documentation supporting the patient’s diagnosis will help the physician determine your qualification. Learn how to request your medical records for a medicinal cannabis evaluation.
- If you seek a recommendation for your child’s autism spectrum disorder-related condition, you must visit a pediatric sub-specialist before seeing a cannabis-certified doctor.
- The state does not require patients to join a state registry or get a medical marijuana card. However, they must obtain a recommendation from a doctor authorized to do so by the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners and diagnosed with a Qualifying Condition. This recommendation serves as proof of the patient’s eligibility. Before dispensing medicine, dispensary staff must verify each recommendation in the Prescription Monitoring Program database. Find an authorized doctor near you.
- Visit the dispensary serving your region to fill your recommendation. As a federally illegal drug, medical marijuana does not get covered by any health insurance plan. Bring enough money to pay the full price of your medicine. Search for a dispensary in Louisiana.
Locate a Louisiana Dispensary
The best way to receive comprehensive care while using medical cannabis is to establish a relationship with a Louisiana medical marijuana doctor. Patients with qualifying conditions can obtain medical marijuana from dispensaries as allowed by Louisiana law.
Using MarijuanaDoctors.com as a resource, you can review the location, hours, reviews, delivery information and other important notes about the medical marijuana doctors in Louisiana. We pride ourselves on being the premier resource for connecting you with a medical marijuana doctor with whom you can develop a lasting, caring relationship.
Head to MarijuanaDoctors.com to get all the latest, accurate information about medical marijuana access in your state including Doctors, Dispensaries & the Medical Marijuana Program.