Marijuana Milk Recipe
Posted by Glenn Beierle on 04/20/2010 in Recipes
Updated on December 28, 2018. Medical content reviewed by Dr. Richard Koffler, MD, Board Certified Physiatrist
Difficulty Level: Easy
Many medical marijuana patients prefer to medicate with edible marijuana products, like pot brownies. But instead of eating your medicine, you can drink your medicine with this marijuana milk recipe. Or, it can be the perfect way to wash down your pot cookies. All you need to get started is some milk, a grinder, a double boiler and, of course, some medical marijuana. Not sure how to get medical marijuana? Visit MarijuanaDoctors.com to find a qualified marijuana doctor and obtain a medical marijuana card.
Ingredients and Supplies
- Whole Milk or Soy Milk (The THC in marijuana is fat soluble, so it’s important not to use skim milk)
- Double Boiler
- Use a grinder to finely grind your preferred amount of medical marijuana into a powder. You’ll want to use 1 gram of cannabis per cup of milk. If you don’t have a grinder, you can use a knife to finely chop. But a grinder is highly recommended.
- Add cannabis and milk in the double boiler and simmer on low heat for at least an hour, stirring occasionally. The longer you cook it, the more THC is extracted into the milk.
- Allow to cool it down to room temperature then strain the marijuana from the milk before drinking. If you prefer cold milk, store in the refrigerator.
- You can also add vanilla extract or chocolate syrup to your milk if you aren’t a fan of the marijuana flavor.