5 Reasons Why Medbox Inc will Destroy the Medical Marijuana Industry
Posted by Marijuana Doctors on 03/19/2013 in Medical Marijuana Trends
Medbox Inc, list as MDBX on the OTC markets is a dispensing and storage system for medicine and merchandise. Recently they have gained much media attention with plans to enter the medical marijuana industry using their patented technology. Medbox Inc recently announced plans to establish 30 of their automated dispensing machines in San Diego.
Here are 5 reasons why Medbox is bad for the medical marijuana industry as a whole…
- Jobs will be replaced by machines and the middle and poor class are in need of jobs. We have entered the technological age where robotic systems have replaced the need for human labor at an increasingly fast pace. Robotic systems are great, but in the emerging medical marijuana industry, they are simply not necessary. They are good for shareholders but not your everyday folk. Store fronts such as dispensaries are great opportunities for good paying jobs.
- With robotic systems, human interaction is very limited. There is little feedback, personal attention or expert opinions for patients to voice their concerns and questions with. Robotic systems don’t have the capability to understand emotion. Human interaction has been scientifically proven to increase healing. With robotic systems, you simply don’t have the same experience.
- Pharmaceutical pushing is illegal. The temptation for doctors to steer patients toward medical storage boxes for a monetary or intangible gain is great. Doctors have an ethos they must adhere to which includes a promise to practice medicine ethically and honestly. This oath is historically known as the Hippocratic Oath.
- Stationary boxes are a sitting target. There is little to no security protecting access to illicit substances from thieves especially when they are in standing storage boxes. It wouldn’t take long for an individual to scheme a way to break into a Medbox. The incentives are too great.
- Vending Machines are out dated. Vending machines were originally designed to allow easy access to all individuals. Medboxes make access to marijuana easy, especially to children. There is a reason that you don’t see cigarette vending machines anymore. There are also reasons why we don’t see Budweiser vending machines too.