10 Fast Facts about Michigan Medical Marijuana Program in 2012
Posted by Marijuana Doctors on 02/19/2013 in Medical Marijuana Laws
Michigan Medical Marijuana Program Fast Facts in 2012
To obtain a medical marijuana card from a medical marijuana doctor in Michigan, applicants must be over the age of 18 with a valid state issued photo ID. Applicants must have a debilitating medical condition with valid medical records outlying their qualified condition.
- Michigan became a medical marijuana state in 2008 when 63% of voters passed Proposal 1.
- In Michigan, there are 124,131 patients registered for medical marijuana.
- Wayne County is the largest medical marijuana county in Michigan with 14,736 patients. Second is Oakland County with 11,117 patients.
- To obtain a recommendation from Michigan Marijuana Doctor, a patient must suffer from debilitating condition that includes: cancer, glaucoma, HIV, AIDS, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Crohn’s disease, agitation of Alzheimer’s disease, nail patella or a medical condition that produces wasting syndrome, severe and chronic pain, severe nausea, seizures or severe and persistent muscle spasms.
- The cost to apply for a Michigan Marijuana Card is $100. Applicants who demonstrate low income may be eligible for a $25 fee.
- The state of Michigan earned nearly $10 million from the medical marijuana program.
- Severe and Chronic Pain are cited as the leading medical need with 45,095 renewals.
- Patients with a Michigan Marijuana Card may possess up to 2.5 ounces of medical marijuana and cultivate up to 12 plants.
- There are 50,188 registered caregivers in Michigan permitted to grow 12 cannabis plants per patient. Maximum number of patients per caregiver is 5.
- There are 44 registered patients that are under the age of 18. Those younger than 18 must get parent or guardian consent. The parent or guardian must be the registered caregiver for the minor.
Other Articles by Pete Fuzzie Genkins
- Medical Marijuana Cards: How to Get One for Yourself
- Help Me Find My Smile: Autism, Cannabis and Alex Echols
- Top 7 Marijuana States to Move to
- Teach Yourself How to Bake Super Rich Marijuana Brownies
- Another Example of Expensive War on Drugs
- Top Ten Pros of Medical Marijuana From Industry Experts
- Michigan Earns $10 Million From Medical Marijuana Program